One word...WHY?!

After watching the season three finale of Downton Abbey, I only have one word to say...WHY?! Why did it have to end that way?! Why, when everything was resolving, did everything have to completely turn upside down?!

If you couldn't already tell, I like happy endings. In fact, I love them. I seriously HATE it when movies, television shows, literature, etc. end badly! Call me traditional, but I just can't get over those fairy tale endings!

Okay, but really creators of Downton....did you have to kill off another one of the key characters? And in the same season too?

Now, I understand that the actual actors are looking for a little more freedom and wanted to leave Downton Abbey on their own, but I honestly think that the show won't be the same. I would like to believe it will be, but I just don't know if it can recover from the blows it has been dealt this season. All we can do is wait...time will tell (unfortunately another year!).

Alright, so you are probably wondering how this relates back to my thoughts on media. Well, the answer to that is while I was watching the Christmas Special, particularly the ending, I realized how invested I got in these characters. They have become my friends. They have become a part of my everyday conversation. It astounds me that television and film can do that to its audiences; make fictional characters seem real...how awesome is that! They have created a world where I feel I am a part of it (or wish I was!). All I can say is film is beautiful.

To say goodbye, here is a tribute to one of my favorite characters from Downton Abbey. :)







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little part of my childhood

a little sight-seeing :)