Ireland=Awesomeness

Hello Everyone! You were probably all wondering when I was going to finally post...well you probably weren't thinking that, but here I am on the third day of my trip blogging for the first time. So here goes.
Tuesday and Wednesday were terrible. I traveled practically for 48 hours straight. After my flight from SLC to Chicago, I was to fly to Manchester, England. Well because of 70 mph winds and thunder/lightning storms, we didn't leave the Chicago Airport until 5 hours after our intended departure time. So because we were running 5 hours late, I missed my flight to Ireland and therefore the first touring site with my group. Thankfully, there was another flight that left at about 9 pm that night, and I was also with four other girls from my Study Abroad Program.  
Finally after arriving in the Shannon Ireland Airport at about 10:15 pm Wednesday night, we had another 2 hour drive to a place called Dingle where the rest of my group was.  Fortunately, our taxi driver was really great (and Irish) and he told us a lot about the country and its history.  After arriving in Dingle at about 1 am, the five of us finally breathed a sigh of relief because we were now with the group. 
Today, however, was a great day!!! Well mostly....I woke up this morning feeling really sick, and so I tried not to eat to much breakfast at the B&B we were staying in. Unfortunately, the little that I did eat decided to come back up while we were driving to Killarney...yep, I threw up.  (Sorry, but I just had to share that.)
After that incidence, I was feeling a lot better, even though I will probably be known as the girl who threw up from now on, and I was able to enjoy my first day in Ireland!  
We went to Ross Castle, Muckross House, and a little town called Killarney where we took Jaunting Car Rides (basically horse drawn buggies).  
Everything is so green here! And beautiful! The scenery is absolutely magnificent. We took a boat ride out to Killarney Lake and then later went to the gardens of Muckross House. Wow. Later we checked into our (nice) hotel in Killarney and walked down quaint, little streets there.  One of my favorite parts about today is that we went to a few pubs and listened to traditional Irish music Live.  I had so much fun!  The Irish people are so friendly and were asking us to sing along with them! It was great. 
Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that I am doing fantastic, and that I am loving every minute being abroad!
The picturesque, almost Pemberly-looking, Muckross House. Gorgeous!
The gardens at Muckross House. And look, I am already making great friends. :)
Thinking of my twin. I saw these at the Manchester Airport and just had to take a picture. (They are a bag of potato chips if you couldn't tell.)
Love you all! -Katie

Comments

  1. Katherine! I miss you already. Glad to see you are having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little part of my childhood

a little sight-seeing :)