Bhangra Empire



I love Indian dance! I saw this video a few weeks ago and thought it was so legit! I am currently in an Indian dance class right now, but our Bhangra routines about about 1/4 of how long theirs are...they must have rockin' calves! 

It's crazy to me how much Indian culture/dance is now being portrayed in America's media. They have a pretty big industry themselves, but it is finally starting to catch on here in The States. This particular group is from California, but they dance like they are in India. It's awesome! 

This new fascination with India makes me wonder, why so popular now? Why the sudden interest in Indian films/media? I mean, their storylines and acting can get pretty cheesy, but we seem to love them still. Does it remind us of how it used to be in American films? Is it because we love the constant singing and dancing?

I'm not sure if I quite know the answer to this, but what are your thoughts?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little part of my childhood

a little sight-seeing :)