A Great Power

As I was listening to an online radio station today, a song came on by Mumford & Sons. They have become a new and recent obsession of mine and I had to ask myself why? Why did I start listening to them in the first place?

Regrettably, my answer to that is because of a boy. Well...because of a boy and some friends of mine. They all have been urging me to listen to Mumford & Sons for weeks, and once I finally caved in, I decided I really liked them! When I came to this conclusion, however, I realized that my friends have some of the strongest influences on me! And perhaps even stronger than those are the opinions of the boys I am interested in dating! Now to me this sounds like something that would happen in Junior High, but I would bet that this still happens to most of us. It's not because we are easily persuaded and incapable of forming our own opinions. On the contrary, it's because we value what our friends (and potential boyfriends/girlfriends) say. The people who care about us most are usually only trying to help us, advise us, or make us laugh with their suggestions.

Although not everything that our friends recommend to us is going to be "bad", it's important to pay attention to what we are doing/taking in on the word of someone else. Being more aware of what we see, listen to, and watch is especially important, particularly in this day and age.

Now that that's said, I hope you ask yourself what influences you the most. In the meantime, enjoy one of my favorites from Mumford & Sons, featuring Birdy.  :)


Comments

  1. Nothing cheers me up like a little Mumford. No matter the reason you started listening to them, it was a good decision

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A little part of my childhood

a little sight-seeing :)