Bring it SPAC

     Alright so my blog still has the title 'The Littlest Redhead goes to London', but 1) I don't know how to make a just-as-cute heading and 2) I can't bear the thought of getting rid of it...I just love London that much!
     Also, it has been awhile since I have written! All I can say is that life got crazy! I came back and after I posted the last time in September, I became really busy with school, folk dance, and yes, dating.  However, now that it is summer time again (on BYU's schedule), I find I have more time to blog! So I will update you all on what is currently going on in my life and how things are looking for the summer.
     As most of you know, I am a member of the International Folk Dance Company at BYU, and presently I am a member of the Spring Performing Arts Company (or SPAC as you will hear me call it), which basically serves as the Back-up Tour Team for the Company. (I also recently tried out for the Tour Team about a month ago and I won't find out the results for about another 3 weeks or so...and hopefully it will be good news).
     So, I am on this Spring Performing team and so far it has been wonderful.  But nothing wonderful and great comes free.  All I can say is that it is hard work!  I mean I knew it was going to be stressful and tiring to a degree, but I had no idea how much!  Let me run through my schedule for you:
  1. I wake up on average at about 5 or 5:30 AM and get ready (meaning performance makeup and hair which entails frenchbraiding fake hair into my real hair).
  2. My team meets at the Costume Warehouse to load up the costumes/props, have a devotional, and spotlight.
  3. Then, we start driving in three 12-passenger vans and we get to our first school by about 8ish and perform.
  4. Then, we load up the cargo van once again and drive to our next school, which we normally get there by 10ish and perform.
  5. Next, we take about a half hour or hour lunch break at a park or someone on the team's house or relative's house.
  6. Then, we drive to our third school and arrive at about 1 or 2 PM and perform again.
  7. Then we drive back to Provo to drop off our costumes and go home. It's about 4 or 5 PM by that time.
     It doesn't sound like this process would take very long or very much work, but it does.  Holy cow.  SPAC is about halfway over right now, which means we are two weeks in with two weeks left to go.  The first week was quite a whirlwind.  It was exciting, stressful, and kind of frustrating all at the same time.  However, the thing that makes everything better and all worth it are the kids!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little part of my childhood

a little sight-seeing :)