My new obsession...

As of last Saturday I have watched about four Indian (Bollywood) films and am watching another one tonight. I don't know what happened, but I recently discovered these cinematic gems and love them to death! (Seriously they are so good.) But why you may ask?

I think the reason why, besides the fact that they are musicals with singing and dancing in them, is the raw emotion that each movie evokes.  These movies are literally tear-jerking! Sometimes they do come across as a little melodramatic and almost soap opera-ish, but I think the drama and cheesiness adds to the endearing nature of them!

My favorites so far have been Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge and Aaja Nachle. The first film is one of India's most popular Bollywood films and I highly recommend it.  The second is not as widely acclaimed, but it is still so good!
Another reason why I think I like them so much is the complete and utter romance of the storylines.  These movies (at least the ones that I've watched) are all about the LOVE!...or as my junior high seminary teacher would say...LUV ;). But don't worry! These films are extremely clean, especially for today's standards. A common thing NOT to see in these films is any kissing! ( I know, right?!) But it's because they believe that kissing is something you do after marriage...it's that sacred!
Also, these movies really portray a lot of the honor that Indians hold and believe in and there is often a spiritual aspect to these films. They believe that God has everything to do with whom they fall in love with.
Although this may not portray exactly how life is in India, I feel I am catching a glimpse of a way of life that is SO different from my own! And I love it!

If you haven't watched one of these, DO IT! You won't regret your decision. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A little part of my childhood

a little sight-seeing :)