I've read all of these except for Dracula and I've only seen the film version of the Scarlet Pimpernel. All fantastic picks though! I always knew you had good taste...:) My only disagreement is with Harry Potter 6 - #3 was my personal favorite! Books rule.
I would normally not consider myself one who cares much for Hollywood (or the drama that goes along with it), but I do have to admit that the Oscars were mildly fun to watch. I know of several people who watched them and it just surprises me that that many were. I guess we all can't help but love the glamour to a certain extent. :) Actually, I was pondering why so many people tuned in to the night on the red carpet and I think it is because it makes us feel a part of something bigger. It brings back a little nostalgia, especially with the amount of singing and dancing in the program this year! As for the host, who knew Seth McFarlane had such a good voice?! Definitely not me. It really brought back the memories of how Hollywood used to be. As for the winners, I can't complain! I am VERY glad that Daniel Day-Lewis won for best actor. While playing the part of Abraham Lincoln, he never once went out of character. Not even on set in between...
About 2 weeks ago, I bought this beautiful book. I mean beautiful in every sense of the word. Its illustrations are beautiful and its words are beautiful. Everything about it is beautiful. It's called Start Today and after reading through half of the simple, yet compelling pages, I read, "You can decide how much distance there will be between the life you have and the life you want ." A few pages later, "Get good at recognizing your dream. Get so good that when it is arriving, you can see it coming and run to meet it." I know I've heard some version of these words before, but they resounded deep within my soul as I read them anew. I pondered what they truly meant to me . It then prodded the question, "What is my dream?" So what is my dream? At first, all I could think was, "I don't know....many things." But, as I've continued to think about this, I realized a few things that are my dream. My dream is to love God more than...
Hello Everyone! You were probably all wondering when I was going to finally post...well you probably weren't thinking that, but here I am on the third day of my trip blogging for the first time. So here goes. Tuesday and Wednesday were terrible. I traveled practically for 48 hours straight. After my flight from SLC to Chicago, I was to fly to Manchester, England. Well because of 70 mph winds and thunder/lightning storms, we didn't leave the Chicago Airport until 5 hours after our intended departure time. So because we were running 5 hours late, I missed my flight to Ireland and therefore the first touring site with my group. Thankfully, there was another flight that left at about 9 pm that night, and I was also with four other girls from my Study Abroad Program. Finally after arriving in the Shannon Ireland Airport at about 10:15 pm Wednesday night, we had another 2 hour drive to a place called Dingle where the rest of my group was. Fortunately, our taxi driver was really...
I love these books, what great choices!!! I always wanted to read Dracula, now I want to read it more.
ReplyDeleteI've read all of these except for Dracula and I've only seen the film version of the Scarlet Pimpernel. All fantastic picks though! I always knew you had good taste...:) My only disagreement is with Harry Potter 6 - #3 was my personal favorite! Books rule.
ReplyDelete